How to Fix the ‘Expired Certificate’ Problem in Nokia 5800Filed Under Nokia 5800 Tips N Tricks
Alright, so many of you are facing problems while installing applications on Nokia 5800. We get some queries daily from users that when they try to install the apps, they get “expired certificate” errors. Hopefully this will get fixed in the next firmware update for Nokia 5800, but for now here is the solution to try.
If you have already tried the common solutions like changing the date of your phone to few months back, allow the software installation to ALL in your application manager, turn off the online certificate check, phone resetting or formatting, etc. and if nothing works for you, try this solution below – IT WORKS!!
How to Fix the Nokia 5800 “Expired Certificate” Installation Error:
1) Backup all your messages, contacts, notes, calendar entries, etc. by using Nokia PC Suite.
2) After you have the backup, you have to remove the MicroSD card. Do not remove the card directly when the phone is on, card and data can get corrupt. Follow these steps to remove MicroSD card-
a) Press the power key, sroll down and select “Remove Memory Card” option.
b) Press ‘YES’ when asked “Removing memory card will close all open applications. Remove anyway?”
c) Shortly after, the “Remove Memory Card and press OK” message appears, the microSD is ready to be unplugged or removed now from the dedicated slot.
3) Enter *#7370# code on your screen to restore the phone to Factory Default Settings. This will delete all your personal data.
4) Next, you will be asked the phone lock code, if you have not changed this earlier, enter the default one which is 12345.
5) The phone will reboot, select your country as “HONG KONG”. Some users reported the phone works fine even while selecting their correct country but for some only HONG KONG works. Its better to chose Hong Kong here for now, we can change it later.
6) Power off the phone again and put back the Micro SD card in its slot.
7) Restart the phone and Voila!! your Nokia 5800 is ready to install any signed application.
Hope the above steps makes you guys happy and finally get rid of this annoying certificate error. Cheers!!