New Contest: ABBYY Lingvo x3 For All Your Transliterating NeedsFiled Under Nokia 5800 Applications,Tube5800 Contests
As promised we are back with another Tube5800 contest, and while we don’t have a USD 100 gadget like in our earlier contest, we have a very handy application to give-away, which many of you would love to have on your 5800. ABBYY is no stranger in the realm of OCR based applications but with Lingvo x3, ABBYY are venturing into the genre of translation dictionaries and boy, they are good at it!
In our latest Tube5800 contest, we will be giving away here 10 licenses of ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Dictionaries, giving the winners the choice of chosing one from out twenty one versions of the translation dictionaries, ABBYY is presently offering under its Lingvo x3 series. Catch more info about the app and the contest, after the break.
- the high quality content coupled with ABBYY’s linguistic expertise;
- upto 355 000 headwords and phrases;
- the most diversified vocabulary and dictionary database for all occasions;
- detailed entries with multiple translations;
- examples, synonyms, and other useful information;
- audio pronunciations of core words by native speakers;
- easy-to-use and customizable interface;
- 8 interface languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian, Polish and Ukrainian.
We relied on the English-French version of the app for our review. The first thing that strikes you in this application is the sheer simplicity of this dictionary. Just tap on the word and it will take you to an exhaustive explanation of the different forms of the word. Its not like the usual run-of-the-mill mobile dictionaries listing out just one line explanations of the words, for the app pulls of encyclopedic info other than dictionaries and phrase books to assist you in quick translation of foreign languages.
What we like?
- Simple but effective UI
- Offline word lists (meaning we can effectively use the app while we are traveling, without having to bother about getting a 3G SIM card)
- Phrase books are handy
- Pronunciation option for words
What we don’t like?
- Absence of some popular languages like Chinese, Hindi, Portuguese, Arabic, etc.
- Sound files need to be downloaded separately and copied to the memory card. No option to get it from within the application.
ABBYY Lingvo x3 is available in 21 different language directions, here is the complete list:
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Russian – German Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Russian – Spanish Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Spanish – English Oxford Concise Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Spanish – Russian Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile German – Polish Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – Polish Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile German – English Oxford Duden Concise Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile German – Russian Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Russian – English Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – Spanish Oxford Concise Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile French – English Concise Oxford Hachette Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Polish – English Collins Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Polish – German Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – English Oxford Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – Italian Concise Oxford Paravia Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile French – Russian Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Italian – English Concise Oxford Paravia Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – French Concise Oxford Hachette Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – German Oxford Duden Concise Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile English – Russian Dictionary
- ABBYY Lingvo x3 Mobile Russian – French Dictionary
We just love the offline availability of a wealth of info including dictionary, phrasebook and encyclopedic info, which should come in very handy for our next travel plans. So, dare the wanderlust within you to go to destinations, you wouldn’t have ventured earlier and to make the deal sweeter, we are giving you a chance of getting a license of this $10.50 worth app for free, the rules for which are as under:
1. Leave us a comment, telling us how you will be using this app
2. Contest starts right now and will end on Apr 1st, 05:00 p.m GMT
3. One person- one entry – all IPs and cookies are logged, don’t try to beat the system guys!
4. 10 winners will be chosen by a name shuffler tool and winners will be notified by email
Were you in a great hurry to get this app, head to our Tube5800 store to get this app for USD 5.99 to USD 10.49 (price varies depending on the version you are looking for).