Nokia 5800 PDF Reader: Adobe Reader LE v2.5Filed Under Nokia 5800 Applications
Adobe Reader doesn’t need any introduction, does it? Well, you may know that since Adobe pdf is one of the most widely used document formats today, Adobe PDF Reader has been a standard office package for the s60 third edition with the immensely popular Quickoffice.
However as of today, a fully functional Quickoffice continues to elude the s60 fifth edition devices. But, our developer friends at Quickoffice have been good enough to offer Adobe Reader as a stand-alone application. Lets see how this PDF viewer app fares on our Nokia 5800s.
With Adobe Reader LE v2.5, the developers have responded to some of the most popular requests from the users by improving the memory usage pattern (meaning larger files can be accessed), incorporation of reflow logic (leads to smoother scrolling and viewing) and a more intuitive and easy to use interface.
We have been using Adobe Reader on our 5800s for a while now and very much impressed with its rendering capability offering an optimized viewing experience and with its built in tilt function, users can seamlessly shift between portrait and landscape mode depending on their convenience. Infact eflow view (a mode in which text is reflowed on to the device screen) makes reading through text intensive documents like product manuals a walk in the park.
The reader doesn’t disappoint when it comes to image rendering as well with accurate reproduction of images along with layouts and formatting. Other impressive features include text search, bookmarks and encryption. We can go on an on bragging about the feature set of the impressive Adobe Reader, but we would like our users to get a hang of it.
- Reflow View – Allows an alternate view of the PDF document where text is reflowed on the screen to provide a better viewing experience; a reflowed view eliminates left-right scrolling for text-heavy documents.
- Accurate Rendering – Provides accurate rendering of PDF content, retaining images, complex layouts, and formatting.
- ZoomView – Easy, intuitive navigation that allows for increased legibility of PDF content on small screens.
- Smooth Shading & Transparencies – Supports transparencies and smooth shading (used for smoother tonal gradation) contained in PDF documents.
- Page Rotation – Supports rotation of the PDF content (display only) in 90-degree increments, allowing users to maximize the viewing area on a small screen (for example, going from landscape to portrait maximizes the viewing area for some content).
- Text Search – Supports basic text search in PDF documents.
- Bookmarks – Navigate documents using embedded bookmarks contained in PDF documents.
- Encryption – Supports decryption of files encrypted with up to 128-bit encryption that are password protected.
- Find with advanced find options.
- Embedded Fonts Preloaded with 14 fonts.
- View Document Properties – Ability to view subject, keywords, date created, last modified, file size, author and title.
- PDF Compliant – Supports the latest PDF 1.7 rendering model and specifications.
We can tell you that this Nokia 5800 Adobe PDF Reader does come in very handy. Infact these days we don’t print those e-tickets which are forwarded to us in the pdf formats. We just furnish our 5800s at the ticket counter and straight away collect our boarding passes. Come join us in saving paper and the earth by using the Adobe Reader on your mobile devices.